Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A very Parsifal Christmas






It was Monday night. It was cold outside. Mariah Carey Christmas tunes were blasting. Paper snowflakes were made and hung. A recycled, half dead Christmas tree was decorated. The turkey stuffed. The Parsifal People had all arrived.
Secrets were spilled around the dinner table followed by the exchanging of gifts which got Elliot into his tiger onesie and Emily making balloon unicorns. The night went on and games were played ending with chocolate covered faces from the after 8 mint game and Elliot passed out on the ground after Murder in the Dark. I have a lot of love for everyone in our home. Dave sits next to me now serenading me on the guitar, Megan and me have girl talk where the name "Ian" is dropped just a few times and Elliot and me cook eggs and I burn the plastic handle and he lectures me about poisonous fumes. Then there is Emily and me who seem to always get on the topic of marriage and finish our days with an episode of One Tree Hill. Larissa wanders into my room when she wants the goss saying "so Erika, who were you out with last night?" and Mike and me argue about everything but also we are great friends and he gives me some of the best advice.
I went to bed that night with a full tummy and cramps from laughing way too much. Christmas time is incredible. I am so thankful for my mum who forced christmas upon us until we were all obsessed with it. I can honestly say that I am obsessed!

No comments: