Tuesday, December 7, 2010

So I am officially being bullied. Yes that's right...bullied. I am working at a Secondary School in Central London and it is rough. I cop the wrath of cruel comments daily. Last week I was getting lunch from the kitchen and filled my tray with sloppy goodness. As I wandered away one handed the tray flipped and spilt all down me crashing on the ground. The hall went silent. I heard muttering, "Who the hell is that?...Is that a teacher?...How embarrassing, Miss just dropped her tray." O the humiliation. I bent down to try scrape up some of the mess but instead my bag dropped in it and quickly soaked right through, acting as a substitute mop. Could it get worse? Indeed it can. That afternoon as I walked to get my bike I dropped my beanie on the ground and turned around to see 3 girls running away cradling my beanie and giggling. Stolen! Just like that. Thieves! As I walk the corridors they stare, hands raised hiding whispering mouths.
However, I must say, I find it ever so amusing. It makes joyful stories to tell when I return home. Plus I finish at 2:30pm! Everyday! Just in time to see the last bit of light for the day. (Yes sunset is around 3:30pm)Oh the price I pay for bullying. High School is a scary world and to be on the "staff side" is mean!

3 comments:

Lisha said...

Oh you brave girl, I don't know how they can do such mean things to such a gorgeous girl.

Love your snowy photo's and half dead Christmas tree (we had one of those not so long ago) sadly it shed it's pine needles and died. There was no reviving it.

Keep warm Erika and keep smiling beautiful girl.

Lishaxx

siuphilip said...

Head held high! They are all ladies of the manor right now, but the sad thing is that, soon enough, many will fall by the educational wayside without even realising it. You're doing your best with the kids you're with, that's what counts.

Carli said...

wowsers erika, that sounds really hard! do you laugh or cry or both? have a lovely christmas!