Friday, July 16, 2010

As my mother would say: "I'm a working woman!"

So I have had a joyous experience with my first temping job in London. It has allowed me time to catch up on some emails, do some bloggging and write shopping lists. I feel a tinge of annoyance when the mail man comes and I have to get out of my seat, draw my self away from my facebook and actually do some work. I've never had this kind of work before! It's the type of work that only Brianna experiences.
On my first day I had to sit in an IT induction which was presented over the phone. My eyes couldn't even stay open. It didn't help that I had gotten 4 hours sleep the night before. The only thing that was keeping me half awake was the shape of Mohammad's beard, who was sitting across from me. The artwork he had created on his chin was ever so interesting.
On my third day I was locking up and it occured to me that I was alone in the same room where the cookies were stashed. How convenient. I grabbed a handful of cookies, by a handful I mean six. Yes six. I darted for the lifts ready to make a quick exit with my stolen goods. The doors were closing when I hear my boss come running and yelling at me to hold the doors. She entered the lift and her eyes were drawn to the pile of cookies my hand had wrapped itself around. It was too late to hide them behind my back so instead I just stood there like a stunned mullet with a look of horror on my face while she began to make small talk.
Ah such great moments in the office.

3 comments:

Carli said...

ha ha, I would have loved to see your face when you caught red handed like a 5 year old!

Unknown said...

who stole the cookies from the cookie jar??
Tell me that was not your typical dinner!

Lisha said...

Ha ha ha, next time you'll know to pop them into your bag first, then run!!